Welcome to the website of the Itchen Valley Parish Council
| Click on the images to go to our dedicated pages for
A34 / M3 Junction 9 – Roundabout Resurfacing
Highways England will be resurfacing the Winnall roundabout at the A34/M3 interchange. In addition some of the lane markings will be amended.
Start date: Monday 12 September 2016*
End date: Friday 23 September 2016*
Hours of work: Between 10pm to 6am, Monday to Friday only.
The roundabout and all approach roads will be fully closed between 10pm and 6am, when traffic flows are at their lowest.
Confirmed dates for the closures will be displayed in advance on black and yellow signs at the junction.
During the closures various clearly signed diversion routes will be in place utilising the M3, A303, A33, M3 Junction 10, main routes through Winchester, B3047 and A31.
Find out more:
Highways England’s customer contact centre:
Phone: 0300 123 5000
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://www.highways.gov.uk
Local Twitter: @HighwaysSEAST
Post: Highways England Ltd, Bridge House, 1 Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ
Annual Return 2015-16
|Itchen Valley Flower Show
|Martyr Worthy Village Hall
Itchen Valley Parish Council is one of the largest Parish Councils in the Winchester District. It includes the villages of Avington, Easton, Itchen Abbas and Martyr Worthy and covers the area from Cheesefoot Head in the south to Shroner Wood in the north. Most of the Parish lies within the South Downs National Park. There are almost 1100 voters on the electoral roll.
The southern part of the Parish is in the East Hampshire Area of Outstanding National Beauty. The River Itchen flows through the centre of the Parish with Avington and Easton to the south and Itchen Abbas and Martyr Worthy to the north. There are four conservation areas and a number of Sites of Special Scientific Interest in the Parish. In addition, part of the River Itchen has been nominated as a Special Area of Conservation, a European Designation.
Walking and riding routes known as the Pilgrims' Way, the South Downs Way, St Swithun's Way and the Oxdrove Way pass through the Parish.
What we do
- consider and comment to the City Council on planning applications.
- maintain the King George V recreation ground & play area, Couch Green and act as the Custodian Trustee of the Old School Field at Easton.
- set an annual budget which determines the Parish Rate.
- nominate representatives to village organisations.
- identify and pass on to the responsible authority for action any matter of general concern to the Parish (traffic issues, planning, public services, etc.)
- respond to Government consultations.
- maintain a number of assets belonging to the Parish.