Annual Parish Litter Pick:
A HUGE Thanks to all that gave up an hour of their time to "litter pick" yesterday.
The roads around the Itchen Valley are looking amazingly litter free.
If you are out walking please take a bag and collect litter, its an on going problem!
Once again many thanks, next years date will be in the IVN nearer the time.
Itchen Valley News:
Have you ever spent hours looking for that vital back copy of the Itchen Valley News? Well panic not. You can view this months and past magazine electronically by clicking here.
Welcome to the website of
the Itchen Valley Parish Council
Itchen Valley Parish Council is one of the largest Parish Councils in the Winchester District. It includes the villages of Avington, Easton, Itchen Abbas and Martyr Worthy and covers the area from Cheesefoot Head in the south to Shroner Wood in the north. Most of the Parish lies within the South Downs National Park. There are almost 1100 voters on the electoral roll.
The southern part of the Parish is in the East Hampshire Area of Outstanding National Beauty. The River Itchen flows through the centre of the Parish with Avington and Easton to the south and Itchen Abbas and Martyr Worthy to the north. There are four conservation areas and a number of Sites of Special Scientific Interest in the Parish. In addition, part of the River Itchen has been nominated as a Special Area of Conservation, a European Designation.
Walking and riding routes known as the Pilgrims' Way, the South Downs Way, St Swithun's Way and the Oxdrove Way pass through the Parish.
What we do
- consider and comment to the City Council on planning applications.
- maintain the King George V recreation ground & play area, Couch Green and act as the Custodian Trustee of the Old School Field at Easton.
- set an annual budget which determines the Parish Rate.
- nominate representatives to village organisations.
- identify and pass on to the responsible authority for action any matter of general concern to the Parish (traffic issues, planning, public services, etc.)
- respond to Government consultations.
- maintain a number of assets belonging to the Parish.