Welcome to the website of the Itchen Valley Parish Council
| Click on the images to go to our dedicated pages for
New Councillor Needed
Are you interested in helping your local community thrive?. Then why not join the Parish Council. We are particularly interested to hear from a representative from Easton. If you'd like to know more, please contact our Parish Clerk or Chairman.
|Itchen Valley Flower Show
|Martyr Worthy Village Hall
Itchen Valley Parish Council is one of the largest Parish Councils in the Winchester District. It includes the villages of Avington, Easton, Itchen Abbas and Martyr Worthy and covers the area from Cheesefoot Head in the south to Shroner Wood in the north. Most of the Parish lies within the South Downs National Park. There are almost 1100 voters on the electoral roll.
The southern part of the Parish is in the East Hampshire Area of Outstanding National Beauty. The River Itchen flows through the centre of the Parish with Avington and Easton to the south and Itchen Abbas and Martyr Worthy to the north. There are four conservation areas and a number of Sites of Special Scientific Interest in the Parish. In addition, part of the River Itchen has been nominated as a Special Area of Conservation, a European Designation.
Walking and riding routes known as the Pilgrims' Way, the South Downs Way, St Swithun's Way and the Oxdrove Way pass through the Parish.
What we do
- consider and comment to the City Council on planning applications.
- maintain the King George V recreation ground & play area, Couch Green and act as the Custodian Trustee of the Old School Field at Easton.
- set an annual budget which determines the Parish Rate.
- nominate representatives to village organisations.
- identify and pass on to the responsible authority for action any matter of general concern to the Parish (traffic issues, planning, public services, etc.)
- respond to Government consultations.
- maintain a number of assets belonging to the Parish.