This accessibility statement applies to the domain www.itchenvalleyparishcouncil.org.uk.
Using this website
The above website is run by Itchen Valley Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use our website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We've also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We have summarised the main points below:
- make your mouse easier to use
- use your keyboard instead of a mouse
- talk to your device
- make your device talk to you
- make text larger
- change your colours
- magnify the screen
How accessible our website is
We know some parts of our website aren’t fully accessible:
- Most older PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- Some images don't have alternative text of what the image shows
- Some complex images may not be explained clearly to visually impaired users
- New browser windows opening may not be announced to screen readers
- Some carousels may not be fully accessible
- Some time limits may not be adjustable
- Interactive components may not be keyboard usable
- On some pages heading may use incorrect HTML elements
- Some content is not correctly held in sections
- Some tables may not have headings
- Tables may be used for layout
- Some table headers require attributes
- Some text may be held as images
- Links or buttons do not have descriptive text
- Some button labels may not be announced correctly to screen readers
- Some input fields may have placeholders instead of labels
- Text may have colour contrast issues
- Pagination links may not announce themselves correctly
- Screen readers may announce hidden content incorrectly
There may be other undocumented issues present on this website. We are working to document and resolve these issues and will release them to the website when they are complete.
If you require assistance with any of these issues then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and back to you within 15 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. in the first instance.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Itchen Valley Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Issues with documents and published PDFs
Many of our older PDFs and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards - for example, they may not be marked up so they’re accessible to a screen reader.
We understand that the regulations don’t require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018, if they’re not essential to providing our services. However, if you need information in an alternative format, email email@example.com
Any new PDFs or Word documents we have published from 23rd September onwards will meet accessibility standards.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDF’s are scanned or have been published by a third party. These documents do not comply with the Accessibility Regulations 2018. If you require these documents in a different format please contact the clerk firstname.lastname@example.org.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. We will ensure all essential PDFs are accessible or available in an alternative format upon request.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Please refer to our Document Accessibility Statement.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are working to resolve all identified accessibility issues which are within our control and will release them as soon as solutions are available.
This website is tested by the clerk to the council and TLC.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on September 24th, 2020. It was last reviewed on March 3rd 2021.