M3 Junction 9 Winchester (Hampshire) – Road Marking Renewal
Kier Highways, on behalf of Highways England, will be renewing the road markings around junction 9 of the M3 to ensure improve journeys for road users.
For the safety of our workforce and customers we will be closing the roundabout and all approach roads overnight (between 9pm and 6am) on Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 July 2019.
Roads within the closure will include:
- M3 junction 9 northbound exit slip road
- M3 junction 9 southbound exit slip road
- A272 Spitfire Link from the A31 roundabout
- Easton Lane link between the Tesco roundabout and junction 9
- A33 southbound link from Kings Worthy to junction 9
Various diversion routes will be in place during the closure using Winchester town centre (for closures of A34, Spitfire Link, southbound exit slip road, Easton Lane and the Kings Worthy link); and via the M3 and A303 for the closure of the northbound exit slip road.
Signage will be displayed on the M3 prior to junction 11 to allow road users the option to exit at the junction for Winchester.
Access will be maintained for emergency service vehicles on blue light calls only (under escort by a traffic management vehicle).